APPLICATION FOR PROSPECTIVE APPROVAL OF A PERIOD OF ACTING UP INTO CONSULTANT DUTIES DURING A PAEDIATRIC TRAINING PROGRAMME (Reviewed June 2014)
Time spent acting up into consultant duties may be recognised towards a training programme leading to the award of a CCT in paediatrics and sub-specialty recognition,
It is essential that trainees obtain, and retain a record of, prospective approval given to any period acting up / undertaking locum consultant duties.
- that the following form is completed correctly before being forwarded to the Education and Training Support Centre team at the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and that all the information is provided in the detail requested;
- that your named educational supervisor for this period is aware that he / she will be asked to provide your ARCP panel with a detailed report on your performance and the duties that you have undertaken. Final recognition towards your CCT programme will depend upon the satisfactory completion of this period of training.
- Trainee to complete Sections 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the form and attach a current CV.
- Trainee to send form and CV to Programme Director / STC Chairman for signature (if required by the region) in Section 5.
- Trainee or Programme Director / STC Chairman to send form and CV to Regional Adviser for signature in Section 5.
- Paediatric Regional Adviser to return form to trainee.
- If approval is sought for the period to be included towards a recognised tertiary paediatric specialty training programme, trainee to send form and attached CV to appropriate College Specialty Training Adviser for signature in Section 5. Details of the approved College Specialty Training Advisers are available from the Certification Team at the RCPCH office.
- College Specialty Training Adviser to return form to trainee.
- Trainee to send form and attached CV to Postgraduate Dean for signature in Section 5.
- Deanery to return form to trainee.
- Trainee to notify RCPCH by letter, enclosing completed form and CV, and to copy documents to all signatories.
- Trainee to retain copy of form for personal records / portfolio.